5 Ideas For Natural Joint Pain Relief
As you age, chronic pain can occur seemingly overnight. People seek ways to combat the pain through various remedies that assist in natural joint pain relief solutions like acupuncture or magnetic relief therapy to help them continue an active lifestyle.
If you are among the millions of aging women across the country, you are dealing with daily health issues with chronic joint pain being at the top of the list. Physical activity or sports related injuries can cause stiffness and lack of mobility in knees, wrists and ankles. Arthritis based diseases target the tissue and cartilage that cushions your knee, wrist and other joints causing inflammation and ongoing soreness.
There are a few simple home remedies you can try to help in reliving you joint pain naturally:
1. Applying ice packs is a common practice in trying to reduce inflammation in and around the afflicted area. Application should be made several times a day for 10-15 minutes at a time.
2. Ginger extract has been used in eastern cultures for hundreds of years and thought to have properties that reduce inflammation and resulting joint pain. There are studies that are still out on the scientific properties of ginger as an anti-inflammatory, but there is some evidence that ginger may show some promise.
3. Tumeric is an additional plant based treatment that originates from the east to assist in reducing arthritis pain and inflammation. A 2006 study suggested that Tumeric may be more suitable as a preventive measure rather than a treatment of joint issues.
4. Devil’s Claw is a herb found in South African cultures used as a joint pain therapy. Early indications from a small group of studies have yielded some positive results but additional research and analysis is needed.
5. Although topical treatments like creams and gels are not considered all natural, an ingredient found in most of them contain capsaicin, a natural element found in hot peppers. In several studies, Capsaicin provided significant relief to painful joints to test subjects. Creams that contain this ingredient were found to have desirable results when used over a 4 week period.
In summary, there are many reputed herbs, and remedies that target pain and inflammation that exist in many cultures. Prudent research and care should be exercised to minimize risk related to allergic reactions that could jeopardize your health in other areas. Seeking a physician’s opinion is recommended before any natural joint pain relief is considered.