Are Colon Cleanse Health Benefits A Myth?
Among the various diseases of the colon identified by experts, several techniques and health care products have come on the scene such as colon cleansing and the many products associated with it, making many claims of improvement of health through regular colon cleansing. Often ads and reviews tend to exaggerate the health benefits that colon cleansing can offer deviating from the more factual data and information. So it is with colon cleansing today that it’s the latest craze in the health sector, but the distribution of info is misleading to the public at best. In fact, colon cleansing provides limited health benefits, even so, this article serves to separate the truth from the myth of colon cleansing.
Colon cleansing is the removal of feces and other objects of the colon through bowel irrigation and / or diet supplements meant to cleanse the colon. Bowel irrigation is also known as colon hydrotherapy or enemas where a liquid solution is channeled into the colon as a means to cleanse the colon in preparation for surgery screening exam, and in some cases reduce constipation. Oral colon cleansing, on the other hand, uses a dietary fiber, oral laxatives, herbal and food supplements taken in order to promote vigorous bowel movements.
In order to clarify the colon cleanse misconceptions of the public, here we challenge some of the most prevalent myths about digestive cleansing and colon health.
1. The colon requires periodic cleaning like a sewage system.
2. Wastes accumulate in the colon and cause plaque formation and deposits of toxic substances.
3. Every person must have bowel movement everyday to eliminate wastes formed from the daily meals eaten.
4. Colon cleansing and colon cleanse supplements are the best way to reduce weight.
1. The digestive system cleanses itself. It is capable of evacuating fecal material from the body by propelling them through peristaltic movement towards the descending colon until these wastes are completely excreted through defecation. Therefore, there is no need for daily colon irrigation or laxatives to get rid of wastes because the colon itself is one of the body’s cleaning system. Likewise, good bacteria inhabit in the colon by which they consume indigestible fiber as part of their nutrition and creates by-products that keep the colon healthy. Constant colon irrigation can actually cause imbalance in fluid and electrolytes as well as harm the good bacteria that maintains proper bowel movement.
2. There is no accumulation of plaques and toxins in the bowel without intestinal cleansing. These are merely the claims of companies that make colon cleansing products which in reality are the components of herbal colon cleanser, undigested fibrous substances and herbs such as Senna and other ingredients, which give the illusion of elimination of plaque upon a bowel movement. Scientific and medical studies do not support the theory of colon plaques, and the subsequent harm caused by them..
3. Frequency between each bowel movement. Some may eliminate once or twice a day, and others may just eliminate every 2 days or just three times a week. Frequency of bowel movements also depends on the number and type of food eaten. The more food consumed, the more food that has to be eliminated. Therefore, people who usually eat a lot or eat a lot of fiber have more frequent bowel movements than those who eat less. A condition called constipation is when one defecates infrequently and is also accompanied by painful elimination, hard stool and difficulty passing. Thus, laxatives and other colon cleansers are not always necessary when one does not eliminates in a day.
4. Colon cleansing is not designed for weight loss program. Its purpose is more on establishing a regular pattern of bowel movement. Other functions of cleansing are mentioned earlier such as part of preparation for diagnostic exams, surgical procedures and constipated conditions.
Typically, it serves for its intended purpose. here we provide factual information to counter the public misconception of colon cleansing products and potentially unhealthy use of the procedure. However, the simple but effective sound medical practice in terms of health products and procedures is to consult a qualified health care provider.
The info supplied through this item is NOT a substitute intended for qualified care and shouldn’t be used for detection or providing treatment for a health issue or ailment. You ought consult your health care provider any time you have or presume you may have a medical problem.