Good and Bad Cholesterol Foods
Many people think that cholesterol is bad for the health. Actually our body needs a minimal level of cholesterol and beyond that it is hazardous. It keeps up the strength of the intestinal walls and converts the sunlight into vitamin D while the skin is in direct contact with the sun. To be precise there are two types of cholesterol; i.e. Good & Bad. Good is HDL (High Density Lipoproteins) and Bad is LDL (Low Density Lipoproteins). When it comes to reducing its level in the body, the diet is all about good and bad cholesterol foods. You should focus your diet on lowering the LDL and increasing the HDL.
Here are some basic fact of Good and Bad Cholesterol Foods
· You must avoid trans fat. This gives a boost to the good cholesterol. For this you must avoid fried foods as much as possible.
· Another basic tip is to do the cardiovascular workouts on daily basis
· You must never smoke or take alcohol as it is the bad cholesterol food that gives adverse effect on the health
· You must increase the intake of monounsaturated & polyunsaturated types of fat. The foods that are rich in these types of fat are olives, canola oils, fish (some particular types), nuts, avocados, etc.
· Omega 3 fatty acids also help in improvising the HDL & LDL ratio thereby checking the effect of good and bad cholesterol foods. There are several fishes rich in these for instance tuna & salmon. You should take them a couple of times in a day.
· Other foods rich in Omega 3s are fish oil, leafy green vegetables, soybean products, acai berries, etc need to be taken.
· Taking 1 1/2 cups cooked oatmeal gives you 6 grams fiber everyday. You might also like to add fresh fruits like bananas to this. This would add 4 grams more fiber to the diet.
· You can also try taking steel cut oatmeal, cold cereal made along with oatmeal, oat bran, walnuts, almonds, etc which are considered to be the good cholesterol food items.