How Did Old Egyptians Prevent Hair Loss?
I think many of us know the importance of hairs in ancient Egyptian civilizations. All of us might have seen their paintings with dark black long hairs worn by each individual. Both men and women used to have long hairs at least the shoulder length. Hairs were an important symbol of beauty for old Egyptians and they really worked hard to promote their growth and prevent any type of hair loss. It is their great concern for hairs that led to the formation of wigs. Yes, Egyptians were first to introduce wigs. These wigs were usually made from animal hairs and were quite expansive. Both men and women used to wear wigs on their special occasions while there were some who used them on regular basis.
Beside using these artificial means, Egyptians also developed numerous natural remedies to get healthy hairs that do not damage or fall easily. In fact many of them are obsolete now but still there are many home remedies of those ancient times that have been proved successful and are still in use. The most common natural treatments for hair loss was chopped lettuce, which is still used in certain parts of the world even today. A paste was made by chopping lettuce and then applied on the bald areas in the hope of hair regrowth. Beside this there were also many other easy home remedies for hair loss that were prevalent in old Egyptian times and are successful till these modern days.
Hair Care Tips Practical for All Hair Types.
* Protect your hair, as well as your skin, from harmful sun rays. Use a sunscreen on hairline partings.
* Don’t smile when the hairdresser is cutting your fringe. Smiling raises your forehead, and your fringr may be cut too short.
* Tease your hair with toothbrush or baby comb.
* Don’t try to style soaking wet hair.Get it 80 percent dry first.
* Never wash hair with hot water.
* Use a ponytail to create an instant face lift.
* The short your forehead, the longer your fringe should be.
* To remove residue completely from hair, combine equal amounts of bicarbonate of soda and shampoo.Let set for 5 minutes.