Active Ingredients in Lip Plumpers
Lip Plumping Glosses are all the rage right now, which is no surprise as they are fun and interesting, while also providing women with the chance to enhance their lips in a safe and temporary way.
While there are many different brands and varieties of lip plumping lip glosses, what they all have in common is that they all include active ingredients that react with your body to give you the plump pout that God didn’t have time to present you with naturally. This article will give you a list of some of the most common active ingredients used in these lip plumping products along with what they do to create that luscious luster you are longing for.
· Cinnamon- Cinnamon is a natural spice that dilates blood vessels and causes swelling on any skin it touches. Concentrate this on the lips, and you have a sweet and spicy pucker any guy will want.
· Ginger- How does your mouth feel when you eat a meal full of ginger? Nice and full right? That is what it does to your lips when included in lip gloss.
· Retinol- This is a far more gentle ingredient to put on your lips. It doesn’t irritate them, rather it secretes itself into them and fills your lips with itself.
· Venom- A few different kinds of venom have been used in lip plumping lip glosses. This is a small portion of poison that will not hurt you as long as you follow the directions on the item you purchase. It a bee sting makes your skin swell, and if a spider bite gives you a big welt, then applying these venoms to your lips will make them full and kissable, and just a titch dangerous. That’s hot!
· Peppermint- This is a fun lip plumping ingredient as it plumps them up through irritation, but runs you through the gamut of sensations from burning to cool and back again. Lots of fun, and very effective.
· Collagen- Much like Retinol, when collagen is included in lip gloss, it mainly absorbs into your lips and swells them that way rather than dilating blood vessels. Collagen is usually included in tiny moisture beads in the gloss that work their way into your lips while you wear them.
There are some other more obscure ingredients, but these are the most common and most effective active ingredients in lip plumping lip glosses on the market. They are all well proven and tested, and while some may be a bit painful, they all give you a killer and kissable smile. Using natural and familiar ingredients to plump your lips is a fun and safe way to try and replicate the luscious lips you see adorning all the magazine covers and movie screens.
If you are wondering what brands of lip plumping lip glosses to consider, then use the ingredient guide here, and some of the other articles on this site that detail which products work in different ways. Good luck to you and your lips!