low cholestrol diets

Low Cholesterol Diets Help Lower Bad Cholesterol Naturally

Low cholesterol diets help keep cholesterol levels within the normal range. Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance that is found throughout the body. It is important for several body functions but excessive amounts can increase one’s risk for stroke, heart attack, and heart disease.
For people with high cholesterol, following low cholesterol diets is highly recommended. Excessive cholesterol is often caused by eating too much of foods that are high in cholesterol and high in fat.
The liver actually produces cholesterol too and supplies about 80% of the amount that the body needs. This leaves only 20% of cholesterol from the foods you eat. If you are not conscious of your daily intake of cholesterol and fat, there is a very high chance that your cholesterol levels are high.
low cholestrol diets
High cholesterol levels are bad for the health. Too much of LDL cholesterol in the blood causes cholesterol to build up and accumulate in the walls of the arteries. When LDL cholesterol becomes oxidized, this leads to plaque formation in the artery walls.
When the arteries become atherosclerotic, they becomes hard and narrow, greatly reducing the blood that reaches important organs such as the heart and the brain. High LDL levels can cause blood clots to form, which in turn can lead to a heart attack or thrombotic stroke.
Of course, low cholesterol diets will always include fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. These are not only packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, but they are also high in soluble fiber which aids in the excretion of cholesterol from the body.
Fruits like apples and grapes are especially helpful for lowering high cholesterol. Eating oatmeal on a regular basis is very good for the heart as it inhibits cholesterol absorption. Oats contain beta glucan, a soluble fiber that binds with cholesterol and eliminates it from the body.
Lean proteins like chicken, turkey, and fish are also part of low cholesterol diets. These are best taken baked, grilled, broiled, or steamed as frying only increases fat and cholesterol intake. Fish like tuna, salmon, and sardines should be eaten at least twice a week. Fatty fish are rich in omega 3 which is known to lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
Aside from low cholesterol diets, taking natural supplements with policosanol and pumpkin seed oil can improve cholesterol levels dramatically. These nutrients lower LDL and triglycerides and increase HDL levels.
Natural supplements are a better alternative to medications like statins as they are safe and produce no harmful side effects. Furthermore, unlike statins, they treat total cholesterol – LDL, HDL and triglycerides.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *