sthma Natural Treatment Tips – Healing and Harmful Foods Upshot
For those with asthma, the walls of their airways that carry air to the lungs are inflamed. Allergies play an important role in asthma. The airways are very sensitive and react strongly to any inhaled allergen. If asthma is not treated properly it tends to recur and become chronic.
Are you looking for a natural treatment to cure asthma? Many foods have great healing powers. What to include in an asthmatic person’s diet? What foods to avoid? First, let me give you a few examples of foods that should be introduced into your daily asthma diet.
Asthma Natural Treatment by means of Healing Foods
1) Broccoli is part of the potent healing foods that treat asthma naturally. All the cruciferous vegetables contain a natural chemical compound called sulforaphane which is able to trigger long-lasting antioxidant activity through several antioxidant enzymes stimulation. As a result, diet rich in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli sprouts, cabbage, kale, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kohlrabi and watercress can help to reduce significantly lung inflammation in asthma.
2) Curcuma Longa known as turmeric has great therapeutic benefits. Active compounds in turmeric roots play an anti-inflammatory role and may help asthmatic person to breathe more easily.
3) Guayaba, kiwi, strawberry, papaya are fruits that contain high levels of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant able to prevent lung damage from several air pollutants. If you are suffering from asthma or allergies, introduce into your daily diet foods that contain high levels of vitamin C.
4) Spinach is good source of magnesium and is also part of the curative foods able to treat asthma without drugs! Studies have revealed that a deficiency of magnesium increases the amount of histamine released into the blood. Histamine is involved in many allergic reactions that eventually lead to asthma symptoms (increase of mucus secretion and constriction of the bronchial smooth muscle).
Harmful Foods to Avoid in order to Cure Asthma Naturally
1) Meat, egg yolks and shellfish are foods rich in arachidonic acid. Arachidonic acid (AA) is a polyunsaturated fatty acid able to trigger several inflammatory responses in the organism. Arachidonic acid is also produced naturally in our bodies. Part of the asthma natural treatment, it is recommended to avoid overconsumption of foods high in AA in order to reduce asthma attacks.
2) Nuts and peanuts can cause severe allergic reactions. Nuts products are known to be among the most powerful allergens that lead to asthma.
3) Sulfites (sulfur dioxide) in foods can aggravate asthma symptoms. Sulfite is a preservative commonly used in many processed foods as well as win and other drinks. If you want to avoid drinks and foods with sulfites, look for: E 220, E 221, E 222, E 223, E 224, E 225, E 226, E 227, E 228 on the label!
4) According to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, cow’s milk is the most common food allergies in children. Dairy products such as ice cream, yogurt, and milk can be a cause of an asthma attack.
New Strategy to Cure Asthma
More and more doctors agree that a good diet is an important part of an effective asthma natural treatment plan.
Discover in the Asthma Relief Report the way to prepare at home a natural supplement able to eliminate asthma and allergy symptoms. This natural supplement therapeutic properties will allow you to breathe free and enjoy an active life again without any drugs!
Alexis Roger is a French biochemist who loves investigating and teaching. He has studied various fields of science such as pharmacology, physiology, endocrinology, chemistry, bacteriology, anatomy and botanic. He displays a great interest in international alternative medicine therapies.