Knee Pain When Bending – Top 5 Major Causes
Any type of pain is hard to deal with. Whether you are experiencing headache, stomach ache, or knee pain when bending, you will find it difficult to move around like you used to. If you are dealing with knee pain, for example, it causes a lot of discomfort. The knee is a vital part of the body for it acts as a weight-bearing joint – the most important one for that matter.
Joint pain when bending restrains your movements a lot. What used to be small chores become heavy-duty tasks because of the discomfort you feel. As a matter of fact, data shows that every year more than 30 percent of visits to doctors are attributed to this condition. It affects mostly athletes, but even common individuals are severely affected by this.
Top Causes of Knee Pain
There are various causes of knee pain while bending. Some of them include the following:
1. Sudden movements- Sudden and jerky movements, especially while playing sports, contribute a lot to the development of this. The knee is a joint. It is vulnerable to pain since sudden movements may cause an impact on the knee that may lead to severe pain.
2. Injury- Injury is the top cause. Falls, awkward landings, trips, and accidents can damage your knee. Athletes are very prone to knee injuries since they are always on the move. For example, basketball players are very at risk for ACL. Otherwise referred to as anterior cruciate ligament, ACL happens when there is damage in the ligaments located in your thighbone and shinbone.
3. Repetitive activities- If you are engaged in strenuous and repetitive activities like doing jumping jacks without resting, this can strain your knee.
4. Tendon inflammation- Another factor that causes severe pain is tendon inflammation. Once the tendons are overused, they are susceptible to infection.
5. Osteoarthritis- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative condition commonly seen in people aged 50 and above. This type of disorder is natural and happens because of deterioration of the cartilage because of constant use.
How to Address Knee Pain?
Knee pain can be treated with the help of exercises. Aside from that, you need to rest your knee as often as you can. Do not stress your knee out because doing so might worsen your condition. If you can, visit a physician. Follow your doctor’s orders. If he or she recommends that you undergo several tests and even rehabilitation medicine, then go for it.
Every individual experiencing pain while bending should look for methods to address this condition. It should not be ignored. With all the number of treatment options available, there is no need for you to suffer anymore.