Smoking Cessation – Quit Smoking Now
Smoking cessation can be achieved by many different ways. However, before going for any of the ways, it is best to study all the methods and find the ones that suit your most.
1. Cold turkey: Cold turkey refers to quit smoking instantly without any aid. Thus, a person needs to endure all the cravings and temptation that he/she will face afterwards. Cold turkey is the most successful way to stop smoking. Needless to say, it is the cheapest.
2. Nicotine patches: These patches work by providing your body with doses of nicotine. It helps prevent the craving for nicotine once a person quits smoking. This smoking cessation doesn’t work unless the person is determined on quitting. The success rate is less when compared to other smoking cessation methods.
3. Nicotine gums: These work on the same basis as nicotine patches. In this case, it is a chewing gum that provides small dosage of nicotine. Again, it isn’t effective unless the person is determined and has a strong will power for smoking cessation.
4. Therapies: There are many types of therapies that are available to assist people who want to quit smoking. Group therapies, Individual therapies, cognitive behavioral therapies etc. help a person by supporting them in quitting. These therapies concentrate on providing the will power to stop smoking.
5. Hypnosis therapies: These therapies work by affecting the sub conscious mind of a smoker. The sub conscious mind is hypnotized into thinking that the person never smoked and doesn’t need smoke. This technique has one of the highest success rates. The only downside is that it cannot be used by anyone who is not willing to stop smoking for good. Unless a person truly wants to quit smoking, hypnosis will not work on them.
Smoking cessation is something that everyone wants to do these days, mainly because of all the benefits of quitting smoking. Many people have been successful and have improved their life with the use of various techniques. Only a small percentage of people who quit smoking are able to sustain their abstinence.
Studies have shown that those who stop smoking using physical aids like nicotine patches and gums are more likely to go back to smoking when compared to people who use more natural ways smoking cessation, like cold turkey or hypnosis.
After 10 years of smoking 2 packs a day, I was finally able to quit smoking for good.
I used a natural way to stop smoking and even you can finally quit this filthy habit using the same technique that I used.