Tips To Have Bright Skin
If you want to have smooth and bright skin, you should be ready to spend a few minutes before you retire for bed. There are a few easy steps and if you take them regularly, the health of your skin will improve remarkably. Of course, you can not expect overnight results but you will see excellent results as you make consistent efforts.
– Cleansing the skin is one of the most important steps to improve the health of your skin. In fact, you can not afford to skip this step at all. Especially, if you are wearing a makeup, you should necessarily wash it away and cleanse your skin. Further, you may have touched your face a number of times during the day. You can not assume that your hands are always clean. So, in order to protect your skin from various types of infections, you should cleanse it necessarily before you go to bed.
– Exfoliation is another very important step that can do wonders for your skin. Even if you hydrate your dry skin, it will be of no use if you do not take the step of exfoliation. There are many ways to do exfoliation. Using a wash-cloth daily is a good idea for gentle exfoliation. There are very good cleansers that can do exfoliation also. But, whatever may be the product you choose, you should make it a point to take this step regularly. By taking this step, you can get rid of the dead cells and this will go a long way in brightening your skin. There are very good scrub-free pads also for doing exfoliation of the skin and you can use them even daily.
– If you have problems like acne, dark circles, etc., you should use the products that have been prescribed for them. It is a proven fact that these products work very effectively during nights.
– You should hydrate your skin appropriately. Creams or lotions that can hydrate your skin should be used immediately after cleansing your skin. You should not forget the fact that dehydration of skin takes place very rapidly while you sleep. Creams and lotions that can hydrate the skin during nights are different from the ones that can do the task during daytime. So, you should use the right type of products.
Apart from these steps, you should keep in mind the following few points also:
– Belly sleeping is not advisable because it may cause creases on your face. Your eyes may become puffy also. It is better you practice sleeping on your back.
– You should be careful with what you eat. In fact, there are a few diets that may affect the health of your skin. You should take foods that contain essential fatty acids such as salmon, walnuts, etc. because these nutrients can help in formation of cells under the surface of your skin, in boosting collagen and in slowing down the aging of the skin. In other words, essential fatty acids will do a world of good to your skin by nourishing it from the interior. Flax seeds are another good source of essential fatty acids
– Vitamin C is a very good anti-oxidant and hence, it can help you combat aging. So, you should ensure to get enough of this vitamin. It can brighten the skin also. If you opt for skin products that contain Vitamin C, you should use them after you cleanse the skin but before you do hydration.
– You should reduce consumption of alcoholic beverages. It is a proven fact that these beverages dehydrate the whole system including the skin. Your skin will slowly become dull if your alcoholic consumption is beyond permissible limits.
So, by spending a few minutes before retiring for bed and by following the tips given above, you can certainly succeed in getting bright skin.